Michael Michigan

Terrorism

This letter show cases facts, and how to stop terrorism.

On September 11, 2001 the largest terrorist attack in modern day happened, over 2,000 people died and close 9,000 people were injured. Since that terrorist attack, terrorism has been going up in 2014 there were 17,000 terrorist attacks but it is slowly decreasing. I believe that the next president should try to stop terrorism.

According NY Daily News, in 2001 there was only 355 attacks now there are over 10,000 a year that is a dramatic increase, with more dying each year. In 2014 there was a high of 17,000 attacks it went down to 15,000 in 2015 but that is still a lot. A Lot of the attacks are from people in the middle east. The worst terror attack was in September 11, 2001 when two hijacked planes went through the twin towers. 2,993 people were injured and 8,900 people were injured. This year has seen a pattern of terrorist attacks to isis. Now every seven days there is a terrorist attack in 2014 there was one every twenty one every days that is horrible.

The first solution we can do is stop arming terrorist so they can so they can stop taking leaders we don't like. The CIA warned Obama that funding rebels doesn't work. He refused to listen and funded Syrian rebels anyway.

The second solution is to stop bombing and invading when a negotiated settlement is agreed between a country and a terrorist group. Instead the U.S decides to war rage making the citizens mad.

The third solution is stop sending drones to assassinate people, because they sometimes kill innocent civilians. The CIA told Obama that drone kills would increase terrorism, but we continue to do them.

The fourth and final solution is homeland security was created to keep our country safe. We need to get a little more tighter on security. One thing is is they are one the no fly list don't let them have anything that can potentially harm someone.So future president that is what i think we need to do to keep this country safer from terrorism.

Michael