Justin

Terrorism

This letter is about how terrorism and how it should be fixed.

Dear Mister or Madam President,

My name is Justin, and I am currently in seventh grade. I have decided to write this letter because of all of these recent attacks from terrorism. There is a big battle out there, and I think it’s about time we start to fight back. All of these attacks are devastating many, that don’t deserve it. It has come to my attention that terrorism is a huge topic that is going on, and it needs to be examined before November 8.

Since 1970 to our present day, we have had a total of 104,000 cases of terrorism (Dustin V). Just after 9/11 alone, terrorists have carried about over 20,000 terror attacks, which has killed millions of our innocent citizens (Dustin V). In total we have had over 47,00 bombings, 14,000 assassinations, and 5,300 kidnappings (Dustin V). That about 66,300 families that have a been separated from these bombings. All of these attacks definitely proves we aren’t doing something right.

In 2015 alone, we had terrorists attacks in almost 100 countries. The Pew Research Center, a nonpartisan American “fact tank,” located in Washington D.C. declared that ISIS is the top threat in eight of 10 European countries that have been surveyed (Uri Friedman). So what will be next for the United States? Our prime cause is because of the uneasy rest with the Middle Eastern countries such as Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan. We may not be the only ones being attacked by ISIS, but we are definitely on their list for terror attacks. Something needs to be done quickly and efficiently before others get hurt.

Thank you for taking time to read my letter about my thoughts of this problem. I strongly think that this is something that needs to be fixed in the United States. Now you know what my thoughts are about terrorism. I hope something will be finally done to stop terrorism and make everyone’s lives much safer.

By

Justin