Eva Pennsylvania

Drug Abuse

Drug abuse is a major problem in this country, and it must be addressed immediately.

November 2nd, 2016

There are many problems in this country, some of which have to be fixed. But, one of the worst problems is drug abuse. It is and has been a huge problem in this country for many years. Many people are badly affected by drugs everyday, usually because of addictions. Over forty-seven thousand Americans die every year due to drugs, or drug overdoses. Drug abuse is a major problem in this country, and it must be addressed immediately.

One of the main components of drug abuse is addiction. Most people that use drugs became addicted when they were under twelve years of age, causing them to have social and health problems. It is because of addiction that most drug users cannot stop abusing drugs. This is one of the major problems with drugs, and it is also one of the reasons why drug abuse must be prevented.

The second problem with drugs is how many people have died because of them. Around one hundred people die daily because of the horrific affects of drugs. When a person addicted to drugs takes more than they are used to, his or her body reacts violently, causing them to go into shock, or even leading to death. Some drugs are even made with harmful chemicals, which hurts the body even more when taken. This is the second reason why this country must work to stop this problem.

One way that is proven to reduce drug overdose deaths by fifty percent is a medicine called Naloxone. Naloxone would be very useful in preventing deaths related to drugs. While it is already in use in some states, most places don't have a supply of this medicine. If a way could be found to allow people to have better access to Naloxone, the drug related deaths would decrease greatly. Local police in cities and states could be supplied with emergency kits containing Naloxone, therefore being able to use it on a moment's notice. This is a solution that would be very helpful in preventing drug overdose deaths.

In conclusion, drugs are a huge problem. Many are killed by them, and even more become addicted, destroying their way of life. This is why immediate action must be taken, and Naloxone is a proven way to help prevent drug overdose deaths.

Best of Luck,

Eva

Holy Family School

Our Letters

Our letters to the next president