Danny D. Arkansas

LGBT Adoption Rights

The LGBT community should be able to adopt in any state. Second parent or joint adoption are not allowed to the LGBT community This is not right and needs to be stopped.

Dear future president.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      The LGBT community is not allowed to adopt in any state, only in five states are they allowed to adopt a child.  I believe if you were to help the rights for the LGBT community to adopt in any state then you would be a valued person among a lot of people in the LGBT community.  same sex parents tend to be more motivated, and more committed than heterosexuals parents, Because they rarely become parents by accident. That means more of a greater commitment on average and more involvement. The children of same-sex parents have a more open mind about other people. Gays and Lesbians are more likely to provide homes for difficult-to-place children in the foster system.  Research has shown that the kids of same-sex couples ā€” both adopted and biological kids ā€” fare no worse than the kids of straight couples on mental health, social functioning, school performance and a variety of other life-success measures.  An October 2011 report by Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute found that, of gay and lesbian adoptions at more than 300 agencies, 10 percent of the kids placed were older than 6 ā€” typically a very difficult age to adopt out. About 25 percent were older than 3. Sixty percent of gay and lesbian couples adopted across races, which is important given that minority children in the foster system tend to linger.  According to a 2007 report by the Williams Institute and the Urban Institute, 65,000 kids were living with adoptive gay parents between 2000 and 2002, with another 14,000 in foster homes headed by gays and lesbians. (There are currently more than 100,000 kids in foster care in the U.S.) And while research indicates that kids of gay parents show few differences in achievement, mental health, social functioning and other measures, these kids may have the advantage of open-mindedness, tolerance and role models for equitable relationships, according to some research. ''There's no doubt whatsoever from the research that children with two lesbian parents are growing up to be just as well-adjusted and successful" as children with a male and a female parent," Stacey told LiveScience.  There is very little research on the children of gay men, so Stacey and Biblarz couldn't draw conclusions on those families. But Stacey suspects that gay men "will be the best parents on average," she said.

Dewitt Middle School

ICT 8th grade

8th grade ICT class at Dewitt Middle School