Ella B. Texas

Why we must stop terrorism

Reasons the next President should end Terrorism

Dear Mr. or Madam President,

Mr./Madam president stop letting americans die and just put an end to terrorism.We need to stop terrorism because, we have lone wolf attacks that just happen out of nowhere and the terrorist have made it clear they want to hurt anyone who doesn't practice their beliefs .

Terror attacks don’t have to involve a lot of people the terrorist can just be one person also known as a lone wolf attack. There have been almost 100 lone wolf attacks since the 1940’s. That might not seem like a lot but the damage they leave is exponential. Lone wolfs are hard to detect because you never know who it could be. For example the Orlando shooting leaving 49 dead, Omar Mateen was the shooter, he was born in New York and worked as a security officer. You probably would have never guessed that he pledged allegiance to ISIS ( Islamic state of Iraq and Syria ). Another example is the Dallas shooting that hit close to home for many Texans. Micah Johnson killed 5 police officers who were helping a peaceful Black Lives Matter protest. Micah was an army vet who got upset because of the police killings of African-American men. Micah was an army vet, not in a million years would i expect a war hero to come back home and go on a killing spree. Lone wolf attacks might be a rare occurrence but when they do happen they are out of nowhere and cause a lot of damage.

ISIS ( Islamic state of Iraq and Syria ) wants everyone to believe in what they believe and if you don’t you most likely will be executed. Let's say that you are at a church and a terrorist walks in and tells you to one speak in their language and two tells them to recite a virus of the koran (Quran) and if you can’t or don’t know then they will kill you.

What about the soldiers, won't some of them die? Is probably what you’re thinking right about now. Yes, some soldiers will die, but they decided to serve their country, they decided to possibly not come home one day. We all hate the fact that our soldiers die in the line of duty and that they will never get to see their family again. Only about 4232 soldiers die in the line of duty.

So Mr/Madam President end the war on terror and save the americans who are voting for you.

Congratulations on becoming the next President of the United States.

Sincerely, Ella B.

Administrator. "Global Policy Forum." "War on Terrorism" Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

"Amerithrax or Anthrax Investigation." FBI. FBI, 17 May 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

By Framing This as a War on. "War on Terror." - Global Issues. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

"FRONTLINE." PBS. PBS. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Ilich, Bobby. "The United States After 9/11: How Many Major Terrorist Attacks Have There Been In America Since 2001?" International Business Times. 09 Sept. 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Cedar Valley Middle School

Ms. Collins' students

These are the wonderful ideas of my 8th grade students and their advice to the next President of the United States.