Terri M. Michigan

U.S Role in the world

About U.S role in the world

Lucian M.

Dear, next president

In the United States we are full of diversity. Different races and religions have integrated and become a community, pretty well for the most part, over the last 30 to 40 years. There is racial mixing, religious tolerance, and cultural tolerance. This can not be said for middle east. There is no religious tolerance between the Jewish and Muslim communities of Palestine. Both are fighting an endless war against each other. The U.S. should push policies in conference with the middle east to help stabilize the region.

First, the United States needs to increase dialogue with Muslims in the middle east. The United states doesn't know much about Islam or nations of Islam. As Elias D. Mallon of americamagazine.org says “ Americans need to know more about Islam in general and given U.S. relations with Iraq and Iran, about Shiite Islam in particular. We need to overcome stereotypes that are exaggerated or downright false.” I think we need to increase communications with the muslims. Relations with Muslim communities will never get better if we don't learn more about their culture, politics, and their interests.

Also, The U.S. has to deal with Iran. Iran’s government has had a bad affect on the Middle East. They are the reason for most of the tension the Middle East. As Bryan Brown of Junior schoolastic.com states “ Iran's government, which is controlled by Shia Muslims clerics , has been a major demoralizing force in the middle east.’’ The government has great hatred for U.S and Israel. That's why the U.S. had to sign a deal with Iran to stop the nuclear program. The U.S. is scared to see the ramifications if Iran gets nuclear capabilities. If the Iranian government was changed to a more people oriented government and not run by clerics, it would help the region tremendously.

Lastly, the U.S. should pull its troops out of the middle east. U.S. involvement has created more trouble in the middle east. Ever since the U.S invasion of Iraq, the U.S has been causing problems in the middle east. It has caused a lot of civil unrest. Waring with the Muslims and taking their oil has not given the U.S. a good reputation in the middle east. According to Yitzhak Rabin “ A history of persecution and murder of the imams have led Shitties to develop an martyrology.’’ Leaving the middle east would help lower terror attacks against the U.S. and lower tension.

I'm not saying that the U.S. presence is the lone reason the Middle east is in turmoil. There are tons of reasons for the tension in the middle east. All sides are to blame,The U.S, Israel, and Muslims have all contributed. I believe if the U.S increases communications between themselves and the Muslims, it could help change Iran's government, and pulling out of the middle east could go along way towards creating change.

4th Hour

ELA 10