Adam Pennsylvania

Presidential Foreign Policy

The letter that I wrote is based on immigration and is to the next president. In this letter I will describe my views on immigration, why it's important, and why it matters. I will also talk about the parts of your policy towards immigration that I agree with and disagree with. Hopefully, the parts that I disagree with, you will see where I am coming from and consider a policy change. Overall, I hope that this letter helps with your transition into the White House.

Dear Mr. President, 

Immigration has always been a hot topic in American society and a very prevalent, and pressing issue. Most illegal immigrants come to America for better opportunities, whether this be for jobs, religion, or to escape violence. Although these are real problems that people face, this does not justify them abusing our country by coming into it illegally. With the introduction of new illegals into our country some bring with them crime, terrorism, and violence among citizens. As a result we should be more accepting to immigrants, but we need to have strict background checks to make sure that we are keeping the bad ones out. This will allow the "good" immigrants to come into our country, which should be a reasonable consensus. There are currently 8 million illegal immigrants in our country. This is 8 million jobs that are be taken away from American citizens. We must crack down on illegal immigrants and deport them. Now, this is easier said than done but any progress is better than 8 million staying in our country. By deporting illegal immigrants and restricting the amount of Muslims allowed in our country, we can increase the safety in our country, help solve the unemployment rate, and help our economy.

Illegal immigrants cause disruption and crime in our country. Illegals cause about 13.6% of all crime in America. These illegal immigrants are a threat to the well being of Americans which is why we should take action. You stated that your policy consists of expanding fencing and increase aerial surveillance and border patrols and organize a mass deportation of the undocumented. I agree with this part of your policy, although, I do not believe that building a wall will work, it is just unpractical. I do agree that we should start to deport illegal immigrants out of our country. However, I believe that it is most important to make sure we do not allow another 8 million into our country because it would be almost impossible to get them all out. We cannot sit back any longer and just watch as immigrants come into our country and reward them for breaking the law with our jobs.

Letting all Muslims into our country, with open arms, would be careless and a grave mistake. We can not afford to let all of these Muslims into our country, it is just too dangerous and could threaten our national security. Now I am not saying that we should not let any Muslims in, but we should have a strict screening process of these Muslims. And if this takes a lot of time then so be it, it is better than repeating 9/11. We cannot become another Paris, Brussels, or Nuremberg. In this sense I agree with Mr. Trump's policy to restrict the amount of Muslims that are allowed to enter our country. We need to take care of ourselves first, then worry about the Muslims.

In conclusion, Mr. President I hope that this letter helped to shed some light in my stance in regards to immigration. I hope that you will take my points into consideration in the future and maybe change some of your views that i disagree with. Overall, good luck on taking on the presidency of the United States and I admire that you are serving at the highest and most prestigious job in America.

Respectfully Yours,

Adam Kimball

Elizabethtown Area High School

2016 Fall Honors World History

A collection of questions, lessons learned, and pressing thoughts from my 2016 Fall Honors World History students at Elizabethtown Area High School to the next President of the United States on the topic of foreign policy and pressing international issues