William F. Minnesota

Doctor Diagnosis

Persuasion letter for Doctor diagnosis for prescription drugs

To The President of the United States,

What is the first thing that pops into your mind when the word “drugs” are mentioned? Probably something that your parents told you to stay away from, right? Then you remember that there are prescription drugs out there as well, which are made to help people to either ease pain, solve a body issue, or prevent some sort of disease. Of course there are several other ways these types of drugs help us, but to a great extent these drugs also can harm us as well, especially and specifically when these prescription drugs are misused and abused. Drug prescriptions, to help stop these mishaps, should require patients to have a proper diagnosis and checkups because it will help save lives, which includes preventing newer generations from turning towards street drugs through these gateways, and it also will decrease money spent on treatment.

Today, one of the major issues can be those lives ruined in our country due to the negative influence of drugs. Of many people that have gone over to being addicted, several have lost their lives from overdosing or improper use of prescription drugs. A lot of these deaths are inevitable, but even a little change can go a long way into prevention of overdose deaths. Of the approximate 300 million people in our country, over 25 thousand people die annually by prescription drug overdose, in a study made in 2014 by the 12 Palms Recovery Center. I think that this is horrible as to how pharmacies hand out to save or helps lives, only to kill or impair thousands every year along with it. With doctor approval of nearly all prescribed medication, these drugs could be better served for the well-being of saving fellow American lives.

“Hit two birds with one stone” is a very famous saying, and for good cause. This describes as to what will be affected if any action is taken to prevent prescription drug abuse. As of now, several are not only victims to just prescription drugs, but also street drugs i.e. heroin, cocaine, nicotine, and more. One study suggests that 80% of people that currently use heroin have started out with taking prescription drugs, mainly because prescription drugs were first already so available. I think that if one would take the see past the stem of a problem, in this case heroin, and look towards the root, which revolves around prescription drugs, then the issue would be more visible. If you could stop both a giant portion of newcomers into the street drug business, then it also has added bonuses to help keep people from losing their lives to addiction.

Even if any law does get passed for doctor’s approval, people may still want to look towards any negative side on the matter. One argument may be that the cost of doctors to do checkups and diagnosis may be too expensive for an entire country. One way that addresses this situation is that the cost of treatment for those who still are committed to drugs already is expensive as is. The doctor diagnosis may prevent most abuse throughout, which in turn can help keep a similar cost plan. Also, many people are not working due to bad drug habits. This plan could help several stay on track towards work, rather than living everyday wondering which street corner your dealer will be next.

I think that the doctor approval of prescription is the better way to save lives and help provide a better spending towards drug addicts. In total, it provides a prevention system against first time abusers which can stop the spread of gateway drugs. It also helps reduce cost for care of overdosing and adds to the workforce. I personally take prescription drugs very seriously. Both of my parents use them in a safe manner, but both rely on them too. My father in particular is in his 40’s but suffers from constant migraines, where he has to take opioids like hydrocodone and several other drugs every morning to keep his pain to a minimum. He is a big role model because of how he still fights through that pain every time he wakes up and runs as a self-practicing attorney. Overall, he has had so many doctors do several diagnosis for him to keep him in the best health they can. If prescription diagnosis was given for most people, it could also help out people who really need it.

From William