Inès Pennsylvania

Blue Lives Matters

My letter to the president is talking about the brutality against police forces and the hate that spreading against police.

October, 24th, 2016

Sir/Madame President,

I hope that what I’m going to talk about is not going to offend you in any way. But sir/Madame, I think that this situation is now an emergency and that we can’t ignore it anymore. You probably know what is going on since the beginning of the year with the police violence against a certain community and right now it’s really tense between the police community and people.

I’ve seen so many signs against police officers everywhere, and this anti police hate can’t continue because they’re here to protect our lives and we need to trust the men in blue who are risking their lives everyday to save ours. Sure, some police officers are corrupt and shouldn’t be police officers, but the problem is that everybody is putting ALL the police officers in the same bag as those who are corrupt. Police officers are in the police force because they want to dedicate their lives to protecting people’s lives and want to do good things for the community.

It’s not normal to see shootings like the one that happened in Dallas in July happened. Everybody is happy because police officers got killed. Why are people happy about that? There is nothing to be happy about! You are killing the men and women who are dedicating their lives to make yours better everyday. Mr(Ms) President, we should work on a way to make it illegal for any violence or insult against police officers because it can’t continue like this. A magazine was saying that now Anti-Police insults towards the police officers are going to be punished with prison time.

This is a topic that touches me personally, because my own dad was a police officer after being in the Military and he dedicated his life to saving others, and it’s really painful to hear some people saying atrocities about police officers that I won’t repeat in this letter. I don’t want to see attacks against police officers because my own father died during his service. I don’t want anyone else to go through the same thing as I did.

Inès Desjardins