Jessica M. Pennsylvania

IMMIGRATION

One of many wonderful reasons for not cutting the wings to many of our dreamers.

11, 02, 2016

Sir/Madame President,

I write this letter with the purpose of being heard by any person who can help me to enhance the image of immigrant society and especially for the person who is the voice in the country. My principal idea is based on how immigrants can get in the USA legally without crossing the border and risking their lives, including infants and pregnant women, for the purpose of finding a better way to live. We call it “The American Dream” because the word dream means hope and literally is something that we have to work hard to get. This dream is so important that immigrants spend days walking in the desert in order to get it.

One idea that comes to me is to give to the latin culture more opportunities to get in the USA by giving scholarships to the best students. It can be a program that selects ten to 15 students based on something that they can show why they are eligible for the program. This scholarships exists but is very hard for get into it and one in a million students are available to get it. The people who don’t want to came to study can give proof to the government of what they will be doing and how they will follow the rules and the United States can say that if they fail to follow the rules the person has to pay an amount of money or be expulsed from the country.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a clear example of what is “The American Dream.” He once stated that “As you know, I’m an immigrant. I came over here as an immigrant and what gave me the opportunities, what made me to be here today, is the open arms of Americans. I have been received. I have been adopted by the United States.” This shows that any person who believes in the american dream can make it a reality. If we close the border we close the opportunity for other people to achieve their dreams. I hope that one day the only times when we accept these kind of thoughts is when the future society reads this topic as we do with the enslavement.

JESSICA MAPURA BLANDON.