Melissa Texas

College Tuition

College tuition is too high. Some students don’t go to college because of the cost and student loans aren't time friendly.

I believe that tuition for college is too high. Colleges expect students and their families to have lots of money right after the students get out of high school, in most cases that is not what happens. College tuition shouldn’t be so high because some students don’t go to college because of the cost, and student loans follow people for a very long time.

As time goes on less students will go to college, the main reason being the amount of money needed to pay for it. Lowering the cost of college can help millions of students and their families. According to Newslea lowering costs “...could benefit up to nine million students” Most families have more than one child, and when they have to pay for multiple children to eat, buy them clothes, and housing and then eventually send their children to college many can’t afford it. Kids don’t want to make their parents spend thousands of dollars on them so they just don’t go. Many say that the cost is so high because you are paying for the quality of the professors. In reality most of that money doesn’t go to the professors. It goes to student resources, like libraries and some technology.

Throughout life student loans will follow students. It is extremely rare for a student to not have to ask for a student loan. My cousin Skylar Padia is receiving her Master's Degree in December for education. She has pulled out ten student loans, which comes to a total of $90,000. It will take her approximately twenty to thirty years for her to pay off these student loans. Older people might say that they’re young, and they’ll eventually pay it off, that may be true but it holds them back from buying a house and even going back to school to get a Master’s Degree or their Doctorate.

It is society's responsibility to make sure that people get an education. When students are giving up on college because of money, or taking out many student loans they aren’t enhancing their education. It is important for students to go to college so they can get a good paying job and then eventually send their children to college, so please help lower the cost of college tuition.

Central High School

English I Pre-AP

Make sure to post your BEST draft.