Israel K. Texas

Transgender Issues

In this article I talk about transgender issues to persuade the next President to fix the issues or get rid of transgenderism.

4th November 2016

President of the United States

President, United States of America

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW

Washington, DC 20500

My name is Israel K. and I attend Central High School. I am writing to persuade you to make transgenderism illegal. I will do my best to persuade you, but in the end it is your decision. To persuade you, I will show you the two sides of the argument: the people that agree with transgenderism, and the people that disagree with transgenderism.

Let’s start with the agree side. In 2016 it was found that 46 percent of the U.S. population agrees that transgenders should be allowed a different bathroom if they don’t feel comfortable with their own. The reason transgenders want a different bathroom to use is because they don’t feel like they are being themselves when they use a bathroom for their gender. A counterargument to this would be that there are still family bathrooms, in stores, churches, and business buildings, and even in some schools. In some places there aren’t any faculty or family bathrooms, so I can understand the desire to have one or two transgender bathrooms. However, when there are existing faculty and family bathrooms, the need for transgender bathrooms is unnecessary.

On the other hand, there is the opposing side. In 2016 it was found that only 1.4 million people in the United States are transgender, that is only 0.6 percent of the population. Along with this information, 54 percent of the population disagrees with transgenders. In this 54 percent, people don’t think that transgenders need a different bathroom just for themselves. This is mainly because of the 0.6 percent of the population, they don’t think that 0.6 percent is enough to have a transgender bathroom in every facility. A counterargument to this is that 46.6 percent, less than half of the population, believe that they are necessary. Therefore, the opposition can’t win because the two sides are too close in number.

To summarize, I have shown you the two sides of the argument: the people who agree with transgenderism, and those people that disagree with transgenderism. Hopefully you can see that it’s a very divided argument, it’s all opinion. Personally, I disagree with the transgender bathrooms. In the end, it’s all up to you, the Future President of the United States. I hope you make a wise decision.

Israel K