Anna Minnesota

Youth homelessness

Dear President. Everyday we look around and see that everything is normal but many of the people we see everyday are homeless or struggling with their current families. youth homelessness is an important issue because these kids are missing opportunities to start a good life. We should try to end youth homelessness by creating more education opportunities and creating more shelters to provide to the homeless until they get on track.

Dear President.

Everyday we look around and see that everything is normal but many of the people we see everyday are homeless or struggling with their current families. youth homelessness is an important issue because these kids are missing opportunities to start a good life. We should try to end youth homelessness by creating more education opportunities and creating more shelters to provide to the homeless until they get on track.

The more fortunate people need to create more education opportunities for the homeless youth because the homeless need to learn in order to get a job and support themselves. Young teens who move a lot from foster care to another foster care lose six months of improvement each time. the article “a bill of rights for foster children” shows us a kid named Benjamin who was 18, he came into a shelter home reading at a second grade level. This example shows us how much education many foster kids are missing out on. This is a big part of ending youth homelessness because education is a big part of how we earn a living.

We need to create more affordable living spaces and shelters for the youth homelessness until they can find a job and provide for themselves. We cannot expect the youth homelessness to get out of such a big hole by themselves when they don't even have anywhere to sleep. The article “young adults seeking public housing? Good luck” shows us that our generation is one of the fastest growing homeless populations in the country. The article also shows us that the average one bedroom apartment costs 3400$ a month, which is way over what a struggling kid can afford. The number of youth homelessness is growing everyday. This is shown In The quote “last year, 41,5129 Children entered foster care, a number that has increased by 4.5 percent from 2012” We need to make more affordable shelters and apartments for the youth homeless.

Some people might say it's not our problem and the youth homelessness just need to go back to their families or get a job but many of the people struggling to find a place to sleep don't have any family. Many can't even find a job or don't have enough education to find one. The “national coalition for homeless” shows us that many young adults become homeless because of domestic abuse in their homes. The article also shows us that many families can't afford to raise another child so the kid ends up in foster care. We the people need to step in and take action because without our help the percentage of homelessness in our generation is going to keep increasing. Even if it doesn't affect us personally, it affects our country more than we can imagine.

Youth homelessness is just one of the many problems our generation is facing. Many young adults and even teens don't have the opportunity to get an education or have a bed to sleep on at night. We need to create more affordable shelters and teach kids in foster care more education. We walk around everyday thinking only about our problems, but many others have much worse problems.