Jacie Minnesota

Prescription Drug Abuse & Heroin Use in Teens/ Jacie

prescription drugs can help and heal, but other times it also can hurt someone if it’s not prescribed to that person. For example someone with cancer can take prescribed Marijuana to kill their cancer. But, someone not prescribed it will use it to get high or abuse it because of a personal conflict even through peer pressure.

Dear Mr./Mrs. President,

Some prescription drugs can help and heal, but other times it also can hurt someone if it’s not prescribed to that person. For example someone with cancer can take prescribed Marijuana to kill their cancer. But, someone not prescribed it will use it to get high or abuse it because of a personal conflict even through peer pressure.

In an article called Addicted to Heroin:’ I'm Literally Just Rotting’ ABC news followed 21 year old Ashley, a heroin addict around from March to April of 2016. They discovered that Heroin can hurt you through what Ashley told them, “I'm literally just rotting” she said, ‘There’s nothing good in my life right now”.(ABC news). Through what I've read in this article is that Heroin should be illegal or even banned from our country, unless prescribed by the doctor, it’s destroying many people's’ lives then and now. Evidence I shall give is something from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA),”Since 2007 the number of Heroin users in the US alone has doubled, half of all first-time users are younger than 26 years old according to (SAMHSA).

CBS news talks of a show called, Heroin in the Heartland, and how this tv show is trying to help drug users quit and show everyone how bad it is and how to avoid it. CBS news give a hint of Heroin is a drug that will and can control your life, because if you try it once you'll stick with it for the rest. My point of view is the people who created this show are very smart and are helping the world by showing what heroin can do and how bad it is for you, and show that not all normal people aren’t junkies. Hannah Morris is clean but, in high school was a junkie, Jessica kaisen had her heroin look like prescribed pills or pain pills.

As i researched more i pulled up an article i found interesting with a celebrity it’s called, Is Prescription Drug Abuse a Big Concern? KQED tells about how actors died of drug abuse or Heroin overdose. And how anyone and everyone can become addicted to drugs or heroin. Part of the article says that Cory Monteith from Glee, drug overdose was the cause of his death. This tells that some teens can secretly get access to prescribed drugs or heroin.I believe that more teens, off of addiction should tell us how they got drugs or heroin so they can help stop teens from making the wrong choice. A group of staten Islanders wrote My World is Blue to show how some teens get access to prescribed drug and heroin.

Some teens are abusing prescribed drugs or heroin, but this issue needs to end. Either teens abuse it because of, personal conflicts, depression or, peer pressure. Please help us stop this issue.

Jacie