Vic A. Minnesota

The Legalization of Medical Marijuana

My letter to the president about the facts of the legalization of medical marijuana and why it should be legalized.

Dear the Next President,

Medical marijuana could help so many people in America. Today. People all over the United States still struggle with chronic pain, Seizures, PTSD, and many other illnesses that we can’t cure without putting dangerous and addictive chemicals in our bodies.

My father struggles with chronic pain in his lower back every single day. It's hard for him to work and his doctor bills cost upwards of 400 dollars every visit so he can get help. If he were to have medical marijuana, he wouldn't have to put dangerous chemicals in his body and face any symptoms.

Marijuana has been used as a medicine as far back as 2900 BC by emperor Fu Hsi. In 600 BC, Indians used Marijuana as a cure for leprosy. When the 1840s came around, It became a mainstream medicine in the West. Then, in 1930, American pharmaceutical firms sell the extracts of marijuana as medicine. But then when 1936 came around, They made marijuana illegal.

92% of people that use medical marijuana say that it does infact work. Also, besides all the health benefits marijuana is also a very safe drug to use. In 2014, zero people overdosed on marijuana. Not only has it been used before, people want it to be used again. according to A CBS news poll, 84% of americans want to see marijuana legalized for medical purposes.

One of my plans to make marijuana legal is to focus on having scientists study marijuana more so people can know it’s 100% safe. I also want to educate people more on the health benefits of marijuana.

Medical marijuana could help so many people in America. People all over the United States struggle with so many illnesses, some of them life threatening. Zero people have overdosed on marijuana, which makes it one of the safest drugs in the US. If we make marijuana legal it could help thousands and thousands of people.

Vic Anderson, 10th Grade

Henry Sibley High School

Imm

Ms. Imm's American Lit classes