Eliza Minnesota

Pollution

My letter is about pollution in the air and oceans.

Elizabeth Ellefson

November 1st, 2016

Please take care of our planet. I am very passionate about the environment. Help save our oceans and help stop unnecessary pollution. If you help with these problems that many people are also passionate about, you would be saving many animals from going extinct. Save the ocean before it's too late. There are a lot of ecosystems in the ocean, and the coral reefs are beautiful. Oil spills and poaching are slowly killing these beautiful ecosystems that many animals call home. The ocean covers 70% of the earth, and if we don't act now the ocean will become a wasteland of human pollution, and it won't be usable to us anymore. The pollution doesn't just affect the oceans; it's also the air we breathe, the grass we walk on, and the water we drink. It’s a big concern in bigger cities with bigger populations, which means more traffic. All the traffic makes the air muggy and gray. In other parts of the world people have to wear masks just to escape the harmful toxins in the air. If we don’t stop this problem soon it could become harmful for our future grandkids or even our kids. I wouldn’t want to raise my child in a place where, if they wanted to go outside to play, they have to put on a mask just so they don’t damage their lungs. The ocean and pollution going on in our country is a big concern. Please keep these two issues in your thoughts as you lead our country and make it a better place for everyone.

Elizabeth Ellefson