Abby F. California

POLLUTION...IT’S DESTROYING US!

In my letter to the new president, I wrote about how pollution is affecting the earth and the sea life. Including how jobs can be changed for the better to help the earth.

One of the biggest man-made problems on the earth is pollution. Air and water pollution are huge problems for our planet because air pollution is eroding our ozone layer and water pollution is destroying wildlife and their habitats.Air pollution in the form of fossil fuels from cars is creating a hole in the ozone layer. Toxic chemicals like sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides and chemical vapors from cars and power plants are common types of air pollution. These types of chemicals can further turn into acid rain and smog.

Water pollution is horrible for the oceans, lakes and rivers because it is endangering animals and their habitats.Water pollution is created when water is introduced to a toxic chemical. The main way salt or fresh water can be polluted is by runoff. Also, thermal pollution can really impact the animals. It happens when a power plant or factory is unnaturally heating the water and the effect is killing sea life.

On the other side of this issue, it is true that many people are employed by factories and plants that cause pollution. Many people have jobs that require them to work for the factories and they can’t give up their jobs. This creates a dilemma that hopefully can be offset by jobs leading to the solution, like electric car manufacturing.

Air and water pollution is continued to be issues for the environment. Toxic chemicals let into the atmosphere are affecting the ozone layer. Water pollutants let off by factories that heat and pollute water which kills the sea life.  

Have a great day!!

-Abby F

Bradford, Alina. Pollution Facts and Types of Pollution. Live Science. March 10, 2015.