w.h. Louisiana

Gun violence in the U.S

Ideas and opinions on and how to stop gun violence.

I am writing this letter to you because I want to talk to you about gun violence in the U.S.A. I’m sure that you already know that it is a pretty big problem in our country. So what is your plan to deal with this problem? To find out more information on the subject I visited a website named gunviolencearchive.org. It posts daily information and today November 7th, 2 people in my state were shot. One was killed and the other was injured. Last month (October) by itself had 42 deaths by guns and 148 people injured. Over time more and more people are being killed. As president this will be one of the most important issues to deal with. How are people getting these guns? How are you going to stop these people from getting guns? The reason I chose this topic to discuss with you, is because the amount of people killed by these weapons is really large. According to usatoday.com, about 37% of Americans own a gun in their house. I think we need to make it a lot harder to get a gun, while still keeping the Second Amendment in mind. It is very easy to get your hand on a gun because they are everywhere. In fact, most crime is committed with the use of a gun. With fewer guns being distributed to anybody, crimes would be much easier to stop and prevent .

My friend once told me , “A gun is as dangerous as knife”. I didn’t understand what he meant until now. It is not about the weapon at all, but about the man that holds the gun or knife that is the threat. It doesn’t really have anything to do with gun violence, but about the people that use guns to commit crimes, murder, and etc. It makes you wonder what is going on in their head when they commit such a horrible act . You would think that a gun is good protection, but what if the person that breaks in has a gun? They are probably more willing to shoot you then you shoot them

One of things you should do as president is that when there is a tragedy you need to address it publicly. I don’t think you want to keep announcing and mourning these tragedies days apart. Gun violence needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. My opinion is that a gun for criminal is a key to their problems. Thank you for your time.

From: W.H.