Robert H. Ohio

Homeless People

Get the Homeless off the streets

My name is Robbie Hoagland, and I am a 15 year old student at Miamisburg High School. I have some issues on my mind that I hope you can solve. My important issue is that we need to get the more of the homeless people in america off the streets and in good homes.

On a single night in January 2015, 564,708 people were experiencing homelessness — meaning they were sleeping outside or in an emergency shelter or transitional housing program.(end homelessness.org) In the state of Ohio, 12,325 total people were homeless in 2013. A total of 4,714(38%) people in households with dependent children were homeless in 2013, representing the smallest number of homeless families since 2008.(homefull.org) In Dayton and Montgomery County on any given night, more than 1000 of our fellow citizens are considered homeless. Individuals make up 82% of the overall population and nearly 18% are families with children.(homefull.org) In January 2013, an estimated 610,042 people experienced homelessness in the United States of America. 65% of homeless people counted were sheltered and 35% were unsheltered. 62% of homeless people counted were single adults, and 37% were persons living in families. 18% of homeless people were reported as chronically homeless, which, according to HUD’s definition, means they are homeless for long periods or repeatedly and have a disability. (homefull.org)

We need to make a difference on how we handle the homeless people that live on ou streets. Most of the homeless are American War Veterans that served and protected our country,and how do we repay them we make fun of them and we bully them sometimes it gets taken out of hand and some people kill them. The think they won't be missed they're just homeless. Some die. About 700 a year in the United States. The solution seems obvious: their lives would be saved if they slept in the warmth of a homeless shelter. But there aren’t enough shelter beds to go around, and some of the beds that do exist come with very unappealing strings attached(truth-out.org)

It is time for you to make changes so we can have clean streets and less veterans living on the streets. You need to make more houses for the homeless people of America can live in safe houses and have food. If we can get the jobs they will be better people in our society.

Robert Hoagland