Patrick C.

Letters 2 president

Its a letter

September 29, 2016

Dear Mr. or Madam President,

Our country is going through some tough times right now. Everyday it seems like we wake up to a new tragedy to nationally mourn or protest. While some of these happened with people from the outside some have happened on the inside. I am of course talking about police brutality.

It seems like every week we hear of another officer killing a black person. While I know some of these were racially bias, I personally do not believe that every police officer is bad. Our police squad here in Ripon is very kind and trustworthy. I do not want kids growing up with a hatred towards police. If we work together we can end police brutality and bring our country together.

If we work together, we as a country can overcome any problem that comes our way whether it’s terrorism or poverty. If we as a country can work together we can become the country that is respected across the world.

This may seem hard at first but if we work together we can overcome this. I believe if we get more cops out there and be kind in the community that we can end this national epidemic. Today so many people are afraid of going out and getting shot by police. WE as a country can end this if we work together. Police brutality isn’t the only problem plaguing this country, it is a very important one.

Patrick