Sadai Hodelin R. Massachusetts

College Funds

Paying for College

Dear Ms. or Mr.President, 

My name is Sadai Hodelin and I go to CASH High school located in Boston MA. This letter will mostly be about college funds. College Funds is important to this new generation because we are the new future,  we are the light!  To be more clear, I think kids want to go to college but can't even pay for one class and they try to get a job, but come on lets think about that, is that easy to balance?

College is really hard and for some people, and it can be impossible to go to school and work at the same time. Some students do work and go to school, but not the majority.  Sometimes the students that do both are the last to finish their degree.  My position on this issue is that we need more college funds or lower the prices to go to college.   I still have 3 years until I go to college but just to think about it , it makes me nervous because I know that my mom can't pay that by herself.   And I know that its impossible for me to work and go to school at the same time because I tried in my sophomore year at the beginning of the school year but I couldn't keep that up.

My grades were going down and I was always in a bad mood because I was not getting enough sleep.  How I was feeling when I was doing that was horrible, so I can imagine how a student doing the same thing in college would feel.

This subject is really important because we are the new people of this world and the future depends on us now. Everything is on our shoulders but nobody sees how hard things are to be successful.  I wrote this letter to make our voice heard by someone who can do something about it.

Sadai