Cassidy H. Ohio

Legalization of Marijuana

Marijuana should be legal in the US.

There are many important issues in the US that should be dealt with, so why not take a simple issue off the list. The legalization of marijuana is controversy in the US and I think that you should make it legal. Marijuana should be legalized for not only medical use, but also recreational use. 

Marijuana can be used to treat many mental illnesses as well as cancer and AIDS. It is also a lot safer than most of the prescription drugs that people take for those illnesses, because people are less likely to become addicted to marijuana like they do with painkillers and other prescriptions. 56% of doctors agree that marijuana should be legalized for medical purposes and 69% of doctors say that medical marijuana can help with certain treatments and conditions.

Marijuana also should be legalized for recreational use. If marijuana was legal in the US, that would put more money into the economy. Also, marijuana is safer than all other illegal street drugs and is not addictive like the others. There have been countless overdoses and deaths with illegal street drugs, but 0 overdoses and deaths from marijuana. 

Thank you for your time.

Cassidy Hollis

Facing History New Tech High School

CTP 2017

Choose to Participate Seniors