Rachel D. Louisiana

Homosexual Marriage

Why Homosexual Marriage is wrong.

Throughout history, marriage has been between a man and a woman. On June 26, 2015, the Supreme Court ruled same-sex marriage was legal in all 50 states. Depending on who you were and what you believed in, that could’ve been great and exciting or really disappointing news. I strongly disagree with their ruling for several reasons; here are a few: it goes against nature; it will always deny a child either a mother or father, and most importantly to me, the Bible says it’s wrong. This country is heading in a bad direction and it needs someone to turn it around. To begin with, homosexual marriage is unnatural.

It goes against the Laws of Nature. There’s a reason why God created Adam and Eve, they can reproduce. Frank Turek says, "Support of natural marriage is not bigotry; it's biology." Reproduction requires a man and a woman. It’s been proven that it goes against science, though it doesn’t take a genius to realize this. These relationships are unhealthy and therefore shouldn’t be so strongly supported. Next, being in a homosexual marriage and having a child will restrict that child from growing up with either a mother or father.

It is in the child’s best interest to be raised under the influence of his or her natural mother and father. Evidence is found in children who are orphans or are raised by a single parent, a relative, or a foster parent. There is also evidence that these children get badly bullied at school due to being different from other students. Children need both a father and a mother. There is a difference between men and woman. Children need both the comfort of a mother and the loving, strength of a father. When they are missing out on one of those, it ends up damaging their child’s mental health and overall well-being. Being in that type of relationship is wrong anyway, but bringing a child into their mess is truly selfish, in my opinion. However, the most important point to be made is that in the Bible it says that homosexual relationships are wrong.

Homosexuality is against the Bible. The Bible specifically condemns homo-sexuality behavior seven times. For example, in Leviticus 18:22 it states, “Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.” Another example is found in Leviticus 20:13, “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” The Bible clearly teaches that homosexuality is a sin. However, it is no worse than any other sin. When Jesus died on the cross it wasn’t for all sins excluding homosexuality. It is as equal as lying, adultery, murder, etc. As a Christian, I am supposed to teach them about God and how to ask for forgiveness. This country was founded on faith and has left it a long time ago. On our coins it says, “In God We Trust.” In our pledge it states, “One Nation under God.” In the beginning we were a great country because we relied on our faith and as we have turned away from it you can clearly see how bad our country has gotten. People need to recognize this instead of ignoring it.

The homosexual relationship law allowing gays to get married is wrong. I have explained this in my previous paragraphs about how these relationships go against nature, how a child raised by homosexual parents will miss out on a mother or father figure, and how the Bible says it’s an abomination. As I mentioned earlier, our world is heading in a bad direction and we are in desperate need of a better leader. Our country needs help, and you can be the person to do so.

Rachel D.