Juliette R. New Jersey

Climate change is happening and we need to do something about it before it does something about us

As a kid of the future and someone who wants to make a positive change in the world, I hope everyone can see that ice is melting, temperatures are rising and we need to help and educate our future population that something needs to be done, and it needs to be done now because this is all we have.

October 20th, 2016

I am Juliette Rhinow, a kid of the future. A 14 year old girl from New Jersey who probably knows half as much about climate control as you but knows something needs to be done. The issue really comes down to not informing everyone but more so caring. We all know about global warming, about pollution, we feel it...but why isn’t anything being done? Pollution with continue to fill the air, bottles will continue to be thrown into streets and into oceans and is this really what we're taught? To basically bite the hand that feeds us, literally killing the one Planet we know of that gives us life, in what mind could that be okay? Something needs to be done because I don’t want to grow up in a world struggling, full of regrets trying to fix something they are a few years too late on. Living in a country, a world that is literally drowning from it’s own ocean levels that are drastically rising from the tons of ice melting per minute is scary. Living in New Jersey, a state that throughout history has been completely engulfed by water 7 times is scary, it’s terrifying knowing that scientific theories say there could be an 8th. It’s so sickening to see friends, strangers everyone, everyday somehow make it worse for not only the world but for everyone on it because as we know if the world comes to it’s breaking point we do too. We need to learn eventually that fighting nature doesn’t work, nature’s force is so much stronger than anything we can do, therefore we have to work with it, not against it. The storms will only become more extreme and temperatures will just rise if we don’t act now. We can’t use science to change the way the world and it’s climate works, it was here first and we have to work with it and know there’s no way around it. So, please future president educate kids in school that the environment is just as important as any other assembly they have, engrave in all of our minds, adults and children, that this is our planet and it’s our duty to keep it clean, it’s our job to use technology and make our world efficient and healthy because like I said we need to do something before it goes down because we’ll be going down with it, and at that point all those topics on the news that serve no purpose now will go with it too. Climate change is happening, rapidly and we have to work just as quick to help.

Juliette Rhinow