Nicolas L. Minnesota

Global Warming

Some people do not believe global warming is real and it is just a myth, but all the facts suggest it's not and it's a very serious problem in the world today. So when you take office all I ask of you is to put an end to global warming. We have one home and since it takes care of us we need to take care of it.

When you take office January 20th, there will be many important tasks you need to take care of. I believe global warming should be on the of that list. The warming planet is starting to have some serious effects. During your presidency I would like to ask you to do something to start to reverse the effects of global warming.

Greenhouse gases are collecting in the atmosphere. Greenhouse gases let sunlight into the earth to heat the planet but they trap heat trying to leave the atmosphere. In the last 50 years the global temperature has been increasing at a steady rate. According to many studies this is the result of human activity.

Even though us Americans make up only 4% of the world's population, we contribute 25% to global pollution. This is a major problem. We need to start taking action to reduce our carbon footprint in the world. As a result of global warming, global water levels are on the rise because polar ice caps are melting. Coastal cities will be in danger if we do not stop now. Animals are losing their homes and habitats everyday for humanity's thirst for more and more.

To solve this problem we should start by accessing clean energy like solar power, wind and hydroelectricity. As soon we as we can find new clean resources the sooner we can reduce the amount of fossil fuels we burn. As soon as we reduce our own pollution we should work with the rest of the world to make global warming a thing of the past.

Nicolas Linarte, 10th Grade

Eagan, Minnesota

Henry Sibley High School

Imm

Ms. Imm's American Lit classes