Justin Michigan

We need to fight against homelessness

We need to open our eyes to the issue that is known as homlesness

Dear future “ Commander in Chief,”

Homelessness is a huge issue that is often overlooked and needs to be solved. Everyday I see homeless people and that is sad. I can’t help but feel sorry for them. Many people see homeless people everyday but just think they’re just simply “faking it”, drug addicts, alcoholics, mentally ill, or people who didn’t plan a future for themselves.

According to www.endhomelessness.org, Michelle Obama wanted to start a program that would end homelessness in June 2014. But it is 2016 I have found that it has not went into effect yet. I’m not saying anything bad about Michelle, but I don’t think she should of mentioned anything without knowing for certain. Some homeless shelters probably told people this program was potentially coming but has not.

This needs to change. Often homelessness is overlooked but it doesn’t have any less meaning than any other big issue right now. Just think if your mother, father, or son is on the street. I bet you would feel different about it because this is a serious problem in the United States.

Justin T.