Samiah L. Michigan

Abortion Is the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy.

Dear Whom may concern ,

Hello I am Samiah Lawler a 16 year old in Flint, Michigan at Carman Ainsworth High School. Abortion Is the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy.There are many people of faith who believe that abortion is immoral and one thing that would reduce abortion is reform of adoption laws making it easier for people to adopt children instead of killing them. In 2011, 1.06 million abortions took place in the U.S.,1.21 million abortions in 2008, 1.2 million in 2005, 1.29 million in 2002, 1.31 million in 2000 and 1.36 million in 1996. From 1973 through 2011, nearly 53 million legal abortions occurred in the U.S.( http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/) For the state to decide who can participate in some activity, the activity has be legal. So abortion will not give control of women's reproductive abilities to the state. Keeping abortion legal, however, allows the government to influence abortion decisions for them . The debate over Title X proved that abortion advocates want to use government funds to promote abortion among certain groups of women. There should not be any abortions unless in rape case and it shouldn’t be legal .

Secondly this means there has been way too many abortions throughout the years. Rape is something that is another problem and abortion can help the women who have been raped it's not their fought it was forced on them. Abortions are something the next president needs to make pro choice because having an abortion is something that the government shouldn't be using money for when they shouldn't even be allowed except for a case of rape. Also to prevent this from happening people could use protection during sex so this would be less likely to happen to a female that doesn't try to have a child .

In conclusion abortion should not be legal and not allowed unless rape may be the situation . However some women medically need abortions because the baby can be dangering to the women. Abortion should be a personal issue to people and be pro-choice. Women may not have the situations where they can have a baby and take care of it or even carry that baby. People always argue how adoption is an option, however, this person may have gotten raped, pregnant on accident, or just not ready, In my opinion it she should be the women’s choice.

Thank you .

Samiah Lawler