Kennedy M. Michigan

BlackLivesMatter

Equality

Dear next president,

In 2012 in a relatively small city in Florida a 17 year-old unarmed black boy was gunned down while walking home from the gas station after getting snacks. The killing of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, FL by George Zimmerman received national attention. Zimmerman was eventually charged and tried for Martin’s death, but was acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter starting the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag.

Black people have been being targeted for many of years. Between the killings by white people, and black people being treated like slaves, we are tired of it and demand a change. It's getting out of hand and personally I'm tired of it. The color of your skin should determine how you are treating. It makes black people feel like trash compared to white people.

As the next president of the United States Of America, I would gladly appreciate it if you could help put a stop to the attack on black people. If you take the time out to help this cause you will be well respected and many blessings will come your way. The people want a president that is for the people and will take the time to hear them out and help major problems going on in today's world. So as the next president I ask you to help end the attack on blacks and let us come together as one, equal nation.

Sincerely , Kennedy

Carman-Ainsworth High School

Carman-Ainsworth High School

This group consist of students in the course of English 12 for Ms. Mathews. We will be posting on issues of social injustice and making a change for the better.