Md R. New York

Improve Gun Control Laws Around The US

In the US, guns are the biggest problem that must be handled immediately by the US government to save our country from killing innocent people.

Dear President of the United States,

I’m a senior student at BIHS. In the US, gun control is a big problem. I live in New York city. Just a few months ago in Queens, my two neighborhood men got killed by shooting when they came out from the Mosque. Now I am really worried about me and other people. When I heard about that then first I thought how they bought the gun. Their gun is illegal. Selling gun without checking their background is create more crime in the US. In the US has lots of guns that have no documents. It is very important that the government takes guns away from people who should not have them and you as President should help pass laws that make background checks much stronger.

According to the New York Times, “Brooklyn Man Charged With Killing Imam and Assistant Near Mosque.” That’s the current example for gun control. If the US government knows about all gun, who bought the gun? Why they bought that? Then the Imam and Assistant wouldn’t die. So people doesn’t afraid to kill people. Some states in the US has new laws, that law says people can openly carry their guns with the permit. I think that’s not the good idea to carry open guns, because if all people has the gun on their hand then they can shoot each other also, they don't want help from police at that time. According to Bloomberg News, “On Jan. 1, a new gun law began in Texas. The new law lets people carry guns openly. They must have a permit, though. Before people could carry guns but they had to be hidden.” I think because of this law texas has more crime and more murders. Also, we know every year the murder rate is increasing in Texas. So, if the US government get any step for gun control then it’s might change. According to BBC news, “Fifty people are now known to have died in a shooting in a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, the city's mayor Buddy Dyer has said.” As we can see on the BBC news that a few months ago fifty people got kill by gun shooting. We don’t want to lose any people from our country by gun shooting. You as a president of US have to take action about that. If you really want to protect our country then you should take your first action with gun control law.

The last thing, I think you should do for the gun control is do more background checking before people purchase a gun. Also, I really don't know why someone wants a gun where we have that kind of freedom and equal opportunity for all people, but still before a person purchase a gun make more ways to check him for others safety. Also, I think you have a more good idea than me to do gun control because you are the king of the world. So I hope you should take some step for gun control for our safety.

Md. Rahman

Reference:

https://newsela.com/articles/walmart-guns/id/14038/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/16/nyregion/oscar-morel-queens-imam-shootings.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36512308 

Brooklyn International High School

BIHS Seniors 2016-17

Brooklyn International High School, in New York City, is a public school for recent immigrants to the U.S.