Megan F. Iowa

All Lives Matter

Inequality needs to stop! There is no reason to discriminate against anyone based on their gender, race, or religion. Our current young generation is being brainwashed by society in general. If this is a truly "free" country, then we need to stop categorizing individuals based on genetic demographics. In order for change to happen, we need to make it happen.

Inequality needs to stop! There is no reason to discriminate against anyone based on their gender, race, or religion. Our current young generation is being brainwashed by society in general. If this is a truly "free" country, then we need to stop categorizing individuals based on genetic demographics. In order for change to happen, we need to make it happen. There are people being beaten to death and shot to death just because someone didn’t think they deserved the same rights as everyone else. Why should the color of our skin or the church we attend determine if we should be shot or beaten up? Lately, on the news, there are stories of riots being started and people ending up dead after shoot-outs. From the media's perspective, it always starts when a colored man was shot dead by a white police officer. Then, black citizens begin to believe that the police officer targeted the victim because of his skin. In the past couple years, there has been an increase in riots forming and people with signs declaring “black lives matter.”

To me, when the colored people say black lives matter, I get offended. Does that mean I should go start riots? No. The whole reason they started this riot is because they felt they were being discriminated against. But now, they are discriminating whites. Why should their signs say “black lives matter” and not “all lives matter?” It is more than likely that white people get killed by police officers just as much as colored people do; the media just gives more attention to colored cases. If a cop shoots at a victim, they obviously were doing something wrong. The cop isn’t just going to shoot you because of the color of your skin. They have one goal: to protect Americans from harm, so let them do their job.

We should be saying "all lives matter." Because in reality, all lives DO matter. Why do we keep putting other people down? I think we need to bring more awareness to a campaign to make sure "all lives matter" and end the stigma that racial profiling is occurring so much in our law enforcement. People need to know that discriminating doesn’t do any good. There is no point to it, so let’s put a stop to it and raise awareness. We are all beautiful. We are all human. We are all important. 

Megan F.