Brennon M. Ohio

A major conflict in the United States has been gun control. All people should have the right to bear arms

Gun control has been a major conflict in the United States. Some believe that they are dangerous while others believe they are essential for safety. In the U.S. there have been many shootings killing many people. Our safety is in danger. Even though some people believe that guns are dangerous, everyone should have the right to bear arms because not all gun holders are terrorists, we can take actions to prevent terrorism, and they protect us.

Although there are terrorists who kill people with their guns, there are also responsible gun holders. These people are not putting anyone in danger with their weapons. Only for self defense would they use them. Because of the terrorists who use their guns for crime and murder, we think that all people who hold guns are like that. Recently there was a shooting in Orlando that killed forty nine people, This was the largest mass shooting from a single man in modern U.S. history. Also, there was another shooting at a movie theatre in Aurora, Colorado; this killed twelve people and wounded another fifty eight. Just because there are bad people with guns, doesn’t mean that everyone’s guns should be taken away.

There has already been some actions done to prevent terrorism with guns. Now, people who sell guns can refuse to sell them to a suspected terrorist. This will keep people from getting killed and not let these killers get what they want. These suspects may take this inference offensive, but it is for the greater good of our country. This action will save many lives.

The other side of this issue is that guns are dangerous. Some might say that if our guns were taken away it would be a safer country. Actually, it would just be more dangerous because we will have no self defense if we were approached dangerously, or about to get robbed. In our homes, If we were robbed what would we do without guns to protect us? Our firearms will keep us safe.

Dear Future President, for our safety, do not outlaw our guns. They protect us from theft and harm. If our guns get banned we will be more susceptible to terrorist; we will not have any protection if we are confronted. Our community will benefit because everyone will have protection. All people could be harmed or threatened everyday, our guns will prevent that. It is up to you Future President, to let us people bear arms if not, we all will be in danger. People should have the right to bear arms because there are also responsible gun holders, we can take actions to prevent terrorism, and they protect us.

Brennon

Brookville Schools

Brookville 8th Grade Students

8th grade students at Brookville Intermediate School have been studying issues that are important to them. They are posting their letters to the next president in order to have a voice in the upcoming election.