Brittany B. New Jersey

Pro Gun Control

Dear President-Elect Trump,

Congratulations on being selected as the next president of the United States of America. I wish you the best of luck in your presidency. I am a seventh grade student at St. James School in Woodbridge, New Jersey. I am writing to you because I am concerned about a very important issue. This issue is gun control.

The Second Amendment states, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I believe the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution is not an unlimited right to own guns. More gun control laws would reduce gun deaths. Countries with strict gun control laws have lower gun homicide and suicide rates. Legally owned guns are usually stolen and used by criminals. The Second Amendment was made to protect the right of the militia to own guns, not the right of individuals. Stricter gun control laws would keep Americans safer. I believe it will “Make America Great Again!”

Thank you for your time. I hope that you will consider these facts and that I made a difference.

Sincerely, Brittany Bader