Jakob W. California

Letter to President

What I want to say to the future president

Dear Mr. or Mrs. President

My name is Jakob Walker and I would like to contact you about the issues we have been facing the past several years as a nation as a whole, I am a senior in High school in the small community of O'neals CA so I would think you would not see this message but I would like to know what you think about the debt this country has been facing for the past years, Obama said he was going to fix it but he has only made it worse. Right now the U.S. is currently in $19 trillion dollars debt and that is increasing, as the 2016 U.S. federal deficit is $3 trillion dollars and increasing so that seems like that is a huge problem, the taxpayers are shown in debt, but there is a little thing that the interest cost from the debt is $19 trillion dollars.

So I would like to know what is the problem with the spending of this country and either how you are to fix it or how to put it back in place by making the debt decrease instead of increase by every second. There are 43 million people living in poverty, 31 million without insurance, 42 million receiving food stamps, and 899 thousand declared bankruptcies. It seems like there are not enough jobs in this country but is that because this country might be over populated or is it because there aren't just enough jobs opened for the people who don't have the opportunity to get a well paying job, that don't  have the opportunity to get them. It seems like this day and age you need a bachelors degree or even a masters degree to get a solid well paying job to live, a high school diploma has lost its meaning. It has shown that in past years people were able to get good jobs with just a high school diploma and not any further education after that but now having a high school diploma doesn't mean anything to the average person anymore.

I see that as a problem because of the price college is and how hard it is to even get accepted into a college or even getting the loans to pay for a college, I know many people who are in their 30s and 40s that are still paying off their college fees of up to $30 thousand dollars. It is surprising how much you have to pay to simply make a living in this world, you have to pay up to $30,000 dollars to get a possibility of a job you might not even get in this day of age and to maybe even be in the middle to middle-high class. I have grown up in a middle class family but when Obama was brought to office he favored the lower class so much that the middle class basically became the lower class, we have been having a such harder time to live the past 8 years such as Obamacare making it much harder for us to even visit the doctor for just a check up because we can barely even pay for it. The regular taxpayers such as my family has been having a harder time because the people who can't afford it is getting such good benefits and we are paying for it, I do not see that as fair, I see that as them willing to be lazy and to not earn anything they have gotten and its kind of like babying the country. I believe in working for the earning of the benefits you get and I do not believe in the action of giving something to many people.

This country is so in debt that it is crazy, I think it is due to the spending of the government that isn't so wisely, because of the money we have spent due to trading is the same as always. I am very confused and the debt of this country is probably one of the biggest problems that isn't highly seen by the media and the everyday person. Money is what controls the world and what makes you successful and unsuccessful so why not make this country the powerhouse it is and the ultimate protector and survivor that is it.

Jakob Walker