Madison R. & Aimee P. Oklahoma

Abortion Is Not The Way To Go

Abortion means that the natural rights of an unborn child are taken away. Adoption is always an option.

According to cdc.gov, in 2012 699,202 legal induced abortions were reported from 49 areas. In many cases abortion seems like the most reasonable route to take at the time, but later you will realize that abortion is not the way to go. We were told that we have natural rights from the moment we are made. Which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. When a woman aborts their unborn child they are not only murdering, but they are also taking away that unborn child’s natural rights.

The reason why a baby is being aborted is because of financial issues, college, ect. They are also not ready to take that type of responsibility, they are too young, or they have relationship issues. According to abortionno.org, 1% of the abortions happen because of incest or rape. 6% abortions happen because of health issues with the baby or mother. The other 93% abortions happen because of social reason, meaning the child is not wanted or inconvenient.

Putting the child for adoption is always an option. Aborting a child because of that person’s own issues is in a way selfish. We understand that the woman doesn’t want the child to grow up in that environment and deal with their issues with adoption, but adoption is always an option. Most people feel pressured to get an abortion, that is not the way.

According to abortionno.org, 2009 compared with 2008 abortion numbers and rates decreased by 5%. That’s the largest single-year decrease in a decade. Compared with 2000, the abortion decreased by 7% and the abortion rate decreased by 8%. Around 3,150 abortions happen every day. About 14% of all abortions in the United States are paid for with public funds, all of which are state funds. 16 states pay for abortions for some poor women. They are paying to kill an unborn American citizen.We have to find a new was to stop killing babies and give the mother a choice.

Madison R. and Aimee P.

Classen School of Advanced Studies

Classen SAS 8th Grade English

Students from Ms. Sutton's 8th grade English classes in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.