Marcelino. C. Illinois

Abortion should be illegal

Dear future president, 11-3-16

Do you think abortion is right? Do you think it’s right to kill and innocent human being? Did you know that 1.2 billion babies die from abortion every year. Rather than killing they should be adopted by new parents who don’t have the chance of getting a baby and also actually having parents that do care about the baby. For me I say that abortion shouldn’t be a thing that comes to mind when you get a baby.

First of all abortion is like murder because the baby did nothing wrong to deserve to die. In the article http://abortion.procon.org/ it states that,” Unborn babies are considered human beings by the US government. The federal Unborn Victims of Violence Act, which was enacted "to protect unborn children from assault and murder," states that under federal law, anybody intentionally killing or attempting to kill an unborn child should "be punished... for intentionally killing or attempting to kill a human being." By that what I try to say is that abortion is like murder and should not be a thing that goes in your head when you see that baby.

Abortion also even causes psychological damage and in other words depression. When you do abortion on baby you will for sure look back at that and may even regret giving abortion. In the article http://abortion.procon.org/ it states that,” A 2002 peer-reviewed study published by the Southern Medical Journal of more than 173,000 American women found that women who aborted were 154% more likely to commit suicide than women who carried to term.” What the article tries to say here is that there is a risk of women committing suicide that have done abortion on babies which goes back on what I was saying which was that they start regretting the decision they made of doing abortion on that baby when they look back.

My final reason of why there shouldn’t be abortion is because this affects the word of god if you are catholic. In the article http://abortion.procon.org/ it also says that,” By the time a baby is conceived, he or she is recognized by God, as demonstrated in Jeremiah 1:5: "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee.” What the article states is that when a baby is born the baby is already a son or daughter of god and shouldn’t be killed. If you’re catholic then you wouldn’t be following god's command.

In conclusion, what I am trying to say here is that there shouldn’t be abortion and that it should be illegal. If somebody wouldn’t agree with this then just think of those hard nine months you had to live through your life and all that hard work would just be for nothing if you do abortion to your baby. Even if you still wouldn’t want the baby at least let the baby be adopted by a parents who would care about the baby instead of doing abortion to the baby. That’s the reason why for me I say that abortion should be illegal and that there shouldn’t even be abortion.

Sincerely, Marcelino. C