Quentin M. Montana

Evolution of Education

We need a change in our education system. It needs to change so we are learning more and can have more time to focus on school.

Oct. 19 2016

Evolution of Education

Dear Mr. or Mrs. President my name is Quentin M. I’m 18 and I’m from Billings, MT One problem in this world is our education system. It’s been the same for decades. It’s exhausting and we aren’t learning to our full potential. Other countries are changing their education system and its working better for them.

It would be a good thing to change our education systems because it would help the people that live in this country to do better for themselves. Also if we have smarter people that would help better this country. We need an education system that is more exciting and less exhausting. It’s harder for kids to pay attention and learn when they tired the next day from being at school all day and waking up at 6 in the morning. Countries that are changing their education system are shortening the days and having school work be more involved work, instead of sitting in a desk all day and taking notes or doing book work.

There are many solutions to this problem. First don’t have as many periods this will mean students will have more time to do things in a period and focus on that subject. Also it will mean they won’t have as much homework and be able to focus on those few specific classes. Another solution is to shorten the school days, it sounds weird but other countries to that and their test scores are better. It is easier to focus on school when students aren't so exhausted. Also a major change would be how teacher teach things. Personally i’ve had teachers who teach with more hands on work and from experience i’ve gotten better grades through this technique.

Students can’t focus on school to their full potential when they have to go to do school everyday for multiple hours then go and do their after school activities such as sports or clubs, then later on have to finish their homework that they got from almost every class. This is one of the biggest non changed problems we have with the US. It would really help our future if it was changed.

Sincerely, Quentin M

Billings Public Library

TE - Billings, MT

TE - Billings, MT