lula gebrengus Michigan

Animal Abuse

I'm Lula Gebrengus. I'm 14 years old, and I'm worried about the animals in the world because they're being abused by their owners just for the fun of It. Animals get neglected, hoarded, shot, beaten, mutilated, thrown, stabbed, and burned. It needs to stop and you're the only one who can do anything about it.

Everyday in the United States animals are beaten, neglected, or forced to struggle for survival. Some people who hurt animals are the worst because they hurt animals intentionally because they enjoy it. What can be done of this animal abuse is help the animals and bring an adult with you when you see them out in the open outside of their house somewhere and help them out, if they're sick, injured, help them and call the police too. We have to stop the people who are abusing the animals it has to stop.

According to parmashelter.org, Dogs that are chained up all day without food, water and shelter, have untreated wounds, are signs of animal abuse that we can do something about it. If we see any dog with any of these signs we can just call the police and have them see what’s wrong. One day a long time ago friends of my family had a dog and it was outside playing around. The dog was going to the other of the street and a car came. The person saw the dog and the person still ran over the dog and kept going and ran over the dog and left. Our friends were so sad so they buried the dog in their backyard. This impacts me because I love animals a lot and I hate it when people abuse animals . It affected a friend of my family once when their dog died. I want this animal abuse to stop.

The definition of animal abuse is the act of intentionally of causing the deprivation of shelter, water, food, socialization, medical care or even maiming, torturing, mutilating or killing an animal. According to petcaretips.net, most common causes of animal neglect is irresponsible owners who do not spay or neuter their pets despite the free clinics and financial help offered by animal-aid non-profits and who often then end up with unwanted baby animals that eventually are neglected, stray or dead from diseases or automobiles. Another reason is animal neglect is the impulse purchase of baby animals that they become a burden or a bore when they mature. Responsible, mature understand that if you don’t want or can’t care for a pet you should find it a good home or at least contact one of the many shelters available in most parts in the world. They know that animals are not toys and that a pet owner is responsible to see that the animal gets what it needs to survive and thrive.

A pet hoarder is a person who keeps more pets than they can properly take care of. Pet hoarding often causes the owner to abandon their pets because they are no longer able to care for them. Over time the fifth builds up and ammonia levels will slowly rise which causes respiratory distress in the animals. According to Animal cruelty can have major negative impacts on the animals. Some of the effects are long term short term or deadly to the animal they can suffer from many different types of problems such as, They can become very thin, get horrible diseases, physical scars, bruises, lumps, feeling like they can no longer trust anyone, injury, reduced immune response/increased susceptibility to disease, digestive problems reduced reproductive fitness, increased stress hormones, increased heart rate and blood pressure, aggression, depression, stereotypical behaviors, such as pacing, head swaying, bar knowing and self-harm. A lot of who mistreated are put down because of their injuries or tragic experiences.

In conclusion I think you as a the next president should stop this animal abuse because this abuse is going way too far and what’s right and make a change to this world and community by standing up and stopping this animal abuse. According to americanhumane.org to stop animal abuse you can help prevent these cruel acts by informing others about what to do if they see such act or by helping them to better understand how to train and care for the pets. I want all animals to be treated the same way humans are treated not just an animal that they can just abuse any time they want. So this animal abuse needs to stop now and you can to Influence others to help too because this needs to stop. Show them how to respect animal and take care of them like how we respect and take care of each other.

Lula Gebrengus

http://petcaretips.net/

By Sharing This Site with Your Friends on Facebook and Twitter,. "We're Dedicated to Helping Your Pets Live a Longer, Healthier Life." We're Dedicated to Helping Your Pets Live a Longer, Healthier Life. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2016.

http://parmashelter.org/adopt/dogs/

@ParmaAnimalShel. "Dogs - Parma Animal Shelter." Parma Animal Shelter. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2016.

https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/

"Cruelty Free International." Cruelty Free International. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2016.

Northview High School

3rd Hour

Mrs. Pitt's 3rd hour 9th grade English students.