Garrett Iowa

College tuition

College tuition

College tuition is too high for middle class students to pay for. They have to take out loans and are often in debt until their mid to late 30’s or even 40’s. The Median income is too low for families to be paying this much. Many things at these school are not needed. Most money isn't going toward education.

One of the main cause in the increase of college tuition is the over payment of teachers and faculty. Teaching loads have lightened considerably at most institutions. They accomplished this by hiring way more teachers than they need to. All of this leads to higher tuition for the average person. Last September a House committee arrived at similar conclusions. In its brief report, "College Education: Paying More and Getting Less," the author tells us that students are paying more for school than a person 5-10 years ago, but they are learning less useful things.

Another one of the reasons is nice campuses. Everybody likes nice things and nice campuses but when you're paying for them and you're getting a lesser education than what they did a couple years ago. A big chunk of your tuition is going toward the campus instead of your learning. "Institutions decided to compete for students through nicer facilities and better services rather than by lowering their prices," Hauptman has said. They are saying here instead of having good education they have nice campuses. Having nice campuses attracts people I mean would you rather go to a random community college or an Oregon campus. You would probably pick Oregon too but the problem with this is you are paying for most of it.

It also takes along time to pay off college. As you may know one of your family members is still paying. In 1950 it took someone two months to pay off their debt. Given it was 1950 it's still crazy paying off college in two months. Now it takes people years and years to pay it off. They’re paying much more and paying for it into late years. Partly due to inflation rate which has increased 9% in one year. In 1976, it took the typical university about three "non-faculty professionals" to service each 100 students; today, it takes nearly six. Median income families are paying for three extra people that are not needed just to reduce workload.

College tuition is too high for middle class students to pay for. There are many families that aren't as fortunate as mine and yours that can't pay for college. So what are you going to do about them? If most people start getting their kids to go to college everything in America will become better and people won't be in debt till their late 30’s.

Garrett