Brad C. Iowa

Howdy there, my name is Brad and I live in rural Iowa. There is an important issue that I would like to make you aware of now. This issue is gun control. Weapons have three effects on life: positive, a negative, and . Guns provide the next meal for their families, provides millions with jobs, and also causes more crime.

Many Americans rely on firearms to put the next meal on their family's table. According to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in 2009, 172,230 hunting licenses were issued to residential hunters across the state of Iowa. Hunters all over the nation rely on guns to make a living. Way back in the 1900’s people had high trust for others and they allowed young fellers to carry their rifles to school. They took guns to school and everywhere they went. It was their job to bring home dinner or they didn’t eat for the night.

Many US citizens rely on guns to make everyday needs and to make ends meet. Not only is it the ones that work in the factory building the guns, but the ones that make the ammunition. Without guns people wouldn't have jobs making the ammunition, accessories, targets, scopes, shooting ranges. As stated in U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives the gun industry contributes $33 billion to the American Economy and supports about 220,000 jobs. Without guns there would be more people living in poverty, homeless, and families would fall apart.

I believe that the stricter laws have raised more issues within communities. Also another reason is that people all around the nation have lost respect and responsibility to others as well as handling firearms. Yes, people do use guns in mass murders, and many other ways that shouldn’t be. Gun laws are already strict enough. When you want to buy a gun, you have to fill out an application and then the government goes and checks through it dearly and either accepts it or declines it.

In conclusion I think you should take a much better look at the policies we have now and the ones that have been in the past. I believe if we went back to the good ‘ol days things would be much better off.

Your man,

Brad