Paige H. Arkansas

Black Lives Matter

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dear Future President, How do you feel about black people being killed for not having a weapon on them or just trying to bring food home for their family. On July 5, 2016 Alton Sterling was shot for selling cd's outside a convenience store in Baton Rouge, Louisiana . Alton Sterling wasn't messing around with anyone he was just trying to bring home money and food for his family. Alton got attacked by two white police officers and they threw him on the ground and restrained him ,even though he didn't pull a weapon out on them and they shot him multiple times in the chest. A few minutes after that happen Alton sterling died . After that, it spread all around the country and protesting began for black lives again. On February 26,2012 Trayvon Martin was killed by a white police officer George Zimmerman. Trayvon Martin went to go visit his dad because he got suspended from his school. Trayvon parents are divorce so he had to travel to see his dad and when he got there a person in the neighborhood called and said there was someone weird in the neighborhood , but it wasn't it was just Trayvon visiting his dad. Trayvon was an unarmed African american that got shot for doing nothing. After he died, protesting became the biggest issue that year for black lives. Thank you for your time. So, if you win can you take a big role in black lives being killed and make all the brutal stop in the world. Thank you for your time - Paige Howard ,Dewitt Middle School

Dewitt Middle School

ICT 8th grade

8th grade ICT class at Dewitt Middle School