Kyla W. Arkansas

Gun Control in the U.S.

We should be able to protect ourselves with guns, if we are cautious with them. Some people just don't need them.

Dear Our Next President,

Americans should be able to have guns to protect ourselves, but we shouldn’t get carried away with  having guns.The Second Amendment states “ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." We should have guns, but people who purchase guns should have to show an ID. People with criminal records should not be able to purchase firearms. 

Many people that have firearms are very cautious with them and then there are some that are not cautious with them. After all the U.S. is a free country, and we all know that the U.S. citizens like to feel secure. People who are not very safe with guns, for example some teens that have done school shootings, should not have access with firearms unless with an adult. Public shootings have gotten out of control, there is way too many people getting shot with guns.

Respectfully,

Kyla W.

Dewitt Middle School

ICT 8th grade

8th grade ICT class at Dewitt Middle School