kailee t. Oklahoma

Letter to the next president

Children should only be able to shoot or handle a firearm with the supervision of a parent or someone of age to keep a close eye on them. Children should be accompanied by a parent or guardian when shooting a firearm or any sort of gun because it puts others at risk.

Children should only be able to shoot or handle a firearm with the supervision of a parent or someone of age to keep a close eye on them. Children should be accompanied by a parent or guardian when shooting a firearm or any sort of gun because it puts others at risk. I feel like it would make others feel more comfortable if they had others watching over them so that way they don’t get out of control. Because if no one was watching them they could shoot someone or themselves or even harm something. You should not let children who have never used a gun or firearm to handle one. Because you never know how much it will weigh and you don’t know how far it will come back once she’s fired the gun. It was clear that she was a beginner, and you don’t start a beginner in that type of firearm,” said Jensen. Because the older you are the more experience you have and the more you’ve had time to be around them. The younger you are the less experience you have. If you have less experience than others then you should not be able to handle a firearm. That means you could get a fine or more serious charges for breaking the law. The law is there to protect others. They want to make gun laws more strict for children under the age of 18. They want to make gun laws more strict for children under the age of 18.

We do not need to nor should we ever use any sort of gun whether it be a paintball gun or an actual gun to play with. They are not meant to play around with and it’s not used for unnecessary things. Cashatt says “that you should not use weapons or firearms whether it’s a fake gun or a real gun or a paintball gun”. Because they are meant for paint-balling and not for anything else. Paint-balls are not that soft and they hurt so they could really injure someone depending on where they shoot them at. It puts a lot of people in danger. Parents should be aware of what their children or young teenagers are doing now. If you’re planning a prank make sure that you think how it’s going to play out. Because in this situation I don’t feel like they had fully thought it through. A lot of people are scared of even stepping out of their houses because guns are getting more out of control and a bunch of criminal activities are going on whether it be a real gun or a fake one. “It’s a huge concern because we live in a state with extremely liberal gun laws and in a city that’s seen its share of gun crimes,” he said. “It’s made the officers’ job more difficult and now officers have an extra decision to make: ‘Is it a real gun or a paintball gun?” Make sure your pranks are not too serious and/or life threatening. Because some people don’t think it’s funny when they get pranked especially by some young teenagers trying to have fun. There are other ways to prank others in a funny but less serious way. If he was to have shot the teenagers who shot him with a paintball gun than he could get fired and put in jail for murder. Only because he looked at his arm and he saw that it was a paintball and since it was a paintball and not an actual bullet he didn’t have the right to shoot them even if he was mad that he got shot in the arm with a paintball. Do not play around with law enforcement whether it’s a prank or not. They said that Cashatt would not have legally had the right to fire at his assailants after he looked at his arm and realized it was a paintball, Orwick added. It matters because his career is on the line. If he was to have shot he would have went to jail. He would have had everything taken away from him.

When people are getting arrested they go to jail and within a couple months/weeks or so than they are back out and they go back to doing what they did before. "Guys go to prison and then we let them back out on the street, they're going to go back to what they're used to and what they know," Wade said. Because if they kill someone than they will go to jail and then eventually they will get back out and they will do it all over again. That means you need to take precautions wherever you go no matter how busy the city, town is. You never know when your last day will be. Be aware of your surroundings. Because someone’s loved one lost her life because she was taking her child to get enrolled for school and ended up being at the wrong place at the wrong time. "Not all police, obviously. But my boys hear everything that's going on in the world, all the harassment, all the murders that's going on and they pose the question back to me. And what answer do I have for them?" "My boys are afraid of police just the same way I was when I was growing up," Wade said. Because no one should have to be scared of anyone especially the cops. I feel like everyone should not be scared of anyone and so they should feel comfortable in their skin and they should be able to talk freely to anyone without feeling scared.

Kailee 

Guthrie High School

Guthrie High School Seniors!

Senior Class of 2017 GHS!