Alexis T. Illinois

Health Care

We need to lower the cost of healthcare so more people can afford good healthcare, And we need to fix how we pay our doctors to make it far.

Three trillion dollars go into healthcare in the United States. Even with all this money

being spent on healthcare, the World Health Organization ranked the U.S. thirty-seventh in healthcare systems, and The Commonwealth Fund placed the U.S. last among the top 11 industrialized countries in overall healthcare. The people of this country are not getting the health care that they need even with all of this money.Thirty three million people in the United States (10.4% of the US population) did not have health insurance in 2014 according to the US Census Bureau. Health care prices in the U.S. are too high there needs to be a change.

According tp the washington post by Jonelle Marte Monthly insurance premiums for popular plans on HealthCare.gov are rising by 25 percent on average next year. But the increases will be more money in different areas of the country. Like somebody living in Phoenix, the cost is growing by a whopping 145 percent to $507 a month in 2017, according to an analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation, which tracks how premiums are changing in some major cities.In Birmingham, Alabama, health care premiums for a similar plan are climbing by 71 percent next year to $492 a month. And in Oklahoma City they are growing by 67 percent. Workers now pay an average of $1,318 out of pocket before health insurance coverage begins to cover part of their bills, up from $584 a decade ago

Another main reason that health care needs to change is that we don't pay doctors according to the quality of their care. We need to change how the doctors are getting paid we pay them now for just now doing there job and not the quality of what they do, If they do a very poor job, they should not get paid as if they did it amazing they should get paid on how they did not, just getting it over with. In the United Kingdom there health care covers everybody mostly free and there doctors are paid on how they do there job and the number of their pay on how they do is 95 percent. In Australia there health care is a private health care system and its number on how they pay their doctors on how they do is, 72 percent. The U.S. scores lower than anyone else, at 30 percent. Similarly, electronic medical records -- which both increase the quality of care and lower its cost -- have 89 percent penetration in the U.K., 79 percent in Australia, 98 percent in the Netherlands, and 28 percent in America. On both these, we perform terribly.

Most people in the U.S. don't have a regular physician. Given what we pay we would think that our care would at least be more central and convenient. But it's no. Of everyone surveyed, Americans were the least likely to report a doctor or general practitioner they routinely saw. From that americans are the most likely to say their doctor doesn't know important information about their medical history.

According to the article How the U.S. Can Reduce Waste in Health Care Spending by $1 Trillion by Nikhil Sahni Anuraag Chigurupati Bob Kocher, MD David M. Cutler states โ€œThere are two primary ways to reduce costs and improve quality much more: comprehensive demand-side strategy that gives consumers incentives and information to be much better purchasers of health care, and an aggressive supply-side strategy that changes the way providers are paid so their profit margins are tightly linked to outcomes and efficiency rather than the volume of services delivered. We believe that the United States should pursue both strategies.โ€ That is two very good solutions.

Over all these examples show, you need to pay more attention to the United states healthcare and make it affordable for the people who need it .

Alexis R. Tucker

Gurrie Middle School

1-2 LaBud ELA

1-2 LaBud ELA