Adriel R. Illinois

Many people in the United States have been wanting to enter the United States for a long time. Many of these refugees want to enter the U.S. are wanting to leave their country because of how corrupt their country's government is, threats, etc.

Immigrants have entered the U.S. illegally because most likely they are forced to go to the U.S. illegally. The most common reasons are because they are threatened or their government is corrupt. But the most common reason why people are entering the U.S. illegally are because of narcotics. Many of the people in the U.S. want to earn money from america and be richer. "As of 2012, the population of immigrants in the United States illegally is estimated to be approximately 11.43 million, roughly 3.7% of the entire US population. 59% of the immigrants in the country illegally are from Mexico, and 25% of all immigrants in the country illegally reside in California." (http://immigration.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000845) According to procon.org. The reason why they are leaving their country is because they don't feel secure, or they are not making much money and want to move to a country that has a good economy. According to pew research center, "There were 11.1 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2014, a total unchanged from 2009 and accounting for 3.5% of the nation’s population. The number of unauthorized immigrants peaked in 2007 at 12.2 million, when this group was 4% of the U.S. population." (http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/03/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/) because of this there are a lot of people entering each year and if this continues the U.S. will be over populated.

Donald Trump says that he wants to build a wall. Well, in my opinion, that is a very, very stupid idea. First of all, a wall that is built around the outside of the U.S. will cost $25 million according to experts, not to mention the massive amount of resources needed. According to huffington post, "($25 million) That’s enough to build 1,500 new elementary schools, or send more than 300,000 veterans to college" (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/quora/why-is-trumps-wall-idea-s_b_10714872.html). Donald Trump wants to build that wall to keep immigrants out, but what he doesn't realize is that all the immigrants that made it in the U.S. successfully, are trapped inside the U.S. The wall will also cause other issues with allied countries. Many of our allied countries are gonna be mad at the U.S. because of the wall because the U.S. is not allowing allied forces to enter the U.S. or take their refugees. The wall will cause a lot of problems and also because of the wall, many of the countries that import goods and products will not be sent to the U.S. because the wall will block the U.S. from the outside world. This will cause another economic depression and because of the wall our economy will be even more corrupt because we will not be able to have support from allied countries meaning we will have a harder time recovering from this.

If you are Donald Trump and you got nominated to the president of the United States of America, you will most likely be impeached because of racism and misuse of power. My voice matters too and this letter should be read to the next president of the U.S. Donald Trump do not build that wall. 

SIncerely,

A student.