Spencer S. Illinois

Gender Neutral Bathrooms aren't needed.

We don't need gender neutral bathrooms because they are unsafe and we have more pressing matters to deal with.

Dear Mrs. Clinton

Have we gotten to a point where people in the U.S are so sensitive that everything offends or triggers people’s emotions? Apparently, because not having gender neutral bathrooms is an issue. We have way more pressing matters to deal with other than .03 (According to LGBT demographics of the U.S) percent of the population feeling offended because they don’t have a whole bathroom law dedicated to them.

Even tyler a 9 year old boy understands the unimportance of the issue, stating in a Parent Herald interview “arguing about it is stupid when the world is besieged with more pressing problems.” When there’s problems surrounding rape, death penalty and the First Amendment, why are people fighting about being able or unable to go to whatever bathroom they want?

Gender neutral bathrooms won’t even be safe if they are implemented, according to Socawledge.com “Herein lies the biggest danger with gender neutral bathrooms – a potential for more sexual assault, and certainly more sexual harassment.”. Basically what he’s saying is pertains to the idea that with these new rules any man can walk into a women’s bathroom vise versa, and change or do whatever they want. That can lead to many sexual crimes, like rape and indecent exposure. Even a previous rape victim spoke out against these up-for-debate laws. (federalist.com which is a reliable source)

As a country we don’t need to increase the risk of sexual assault by allowing men into the women’s room and women into the men’s restroom. Our nation has much bigger problems to deal with, like North Korea Declaring war.

Spencer S.

Gurrie Middle School

McGovern Period 3/4

Ms. McGovern's Period 3/4 ELA Class