Sara G. Illinois

Stereotype about immigrants

This topic is about your racists actions towards immigrants and the way you have reacted to them.

Sara Gongora

Dear Mr. Trump,

Before the election, I felt happy, secure and normal. Now that you Mr. Trump have won I have lost my confidence and I feel sorry for the country. Stereotype shocks me the most. You believe that Hispanics are a stereotype of drug dealers, killer, kidnappers, laziest people and more. Well let me tell you this Mr. Trump, we aren’t always what you think we are. Everyone is similar, only difference is skin color and culture. Don’t come here to tell everyone that immigrants have ruin America to take over the country. I am a IMMIGRANT that came here 3 (almost 4) years ago for a better future, to start a new life where I can become more successful and become someone greater. I came here because my country is having a very hard time and my mom didn’t want to me to be struggling. Not all people come here to kill, sure there’s terrorists, but it is not specifically hispanics, asians, indians, etc. It is also whites, like you. You have done many crimes, you have laughed and raped women. DON’T come here to pretend to be a hero because you are not.

Mr. Trump, your plan is to “Begin working on an impenetrable physical wall on the southern border, on day one. Mexico will pay for the wall.” Alright, I can see the point on stopping more the immigration of mexicans because they are taking most of the USA country, but, I don’t agree that you are going to make Mexico pay for something that they didn’t even mostly agree upon. You made that opinion/plan, you should be one to pay for it, NOT other countries. Mr. Trump, you said that you’re “the least racist person ever”, but according to HuffPost, you have attacked Muslim Gold Star parents by judging the Muslim’s wife because she was quiet by his side the whole time. Not caring that their son had died in the military and she was going through a hard time. Another example, you and your company were sued because you didn’t let black rent, you treat racial groups as monoliths and more. If you truly want people’s trust, the you better turn the papers around. Have more trust for those citizens that are immigrants, give us chances to make you realize that we are not bad.

Whatever happens from now on is on your hands. I can’t go back time and change the elections. I have to accept the fact that you have won the election, and to stand up with my chin up high and agree with whatever decision is made. Hopefully your decisions are supportive for the country and not against it.

Drive save Mr. Trump, because a bad turn can cause damage. We are the passengers and you will lead us.

Metea Valley High School

Metea Valley Sophomore English

All sophomore students at Metea Valley High School wrote letters to President-Elect Trump, voicing their issues on ideas that are important to them. These letters were part of a three-week project, where we learned about rhetorical situation; types of claims; types of evidence; and embedding quotes.