Gretchen G. North Dakota

Alcohol problem in the US

Alcohol is very dangerous to the human body.

Dear Mr. President,

I would like to inform you about today’s alcohol problem. Alcohol is the 3rd leading cause of death in our nation.

Alcohol is very harmful to the human body. If you are a very heavy drinker like some people it can cause your blood to clot and clump together which can even lead to a heart attack or stroke. Alcohol causes a lot of different cancers, including mouth, esophagus, liver, and breast. Alcohol also kills of brain cells, causes blackouts, and memory lost. Nearly 88,000 people have died from alcohol-related causes in 2006 to 2010.

We need to focus on the next generation of teens. More than ¾ of high school students have consumed alcohol and have done so since 8th grade. The average teen boy first tries alcohol is 11 and for girls it is 13. There has been 189,000 emergency room visits by just teens under the age of 21 in 2010.

So Mr. President please help not just my country but our country with this problem, my parents own a bar and with that they see people go out of control. They will see people do things that they usually wouldn’t do if they were sober.