Annabelle L. California

The Criminal Justice System

My letter to the next President.

My name is Annabelle, and I have a few concerns that I would like to be addressed in the next 4 years. I believe that our justice system is a state of turmoil. I think that if you use your best resources and ask them to put their minds to it, we can have solutions to a lot of our biggest problems in no time. We shouldn’t be asking the people who know nothing about criminal justice to determine whether we should have a death penalty or not. I know our country is the best, but I would recommend looking at other countries prisons and model them. For example, Germany has a very well established prison system. Germany has already been through its most violent times, and they don’t want a repeat. We could learn from them. Germany has several programs for rehabilitation and they focus on creating better humans rather than creating obedient prisoners. I think since we are a new country, there is something to learn from everyone. I think that you should try your hardest to break social divides, and appoint justices that you know will do an honest job. If the criminal justice system is modified to be more efficient, it could save th US tons of money and time. It may take a few years to create new plans, but it will be worth it.

Thanks,

Annabelle