Andrew W. California

Better Ways to Solve Our Gun Issues

In Adolf Hitler’s reign 11 million people were ordered to be executed. In this large number where 6 million people who practiced the jewish religion. Many people wonder how this is even possible and how people put themselves in a position of not being able to fight back. One of the biggest contributing factors to this was that hitler took away all of the German citizens guns. I know this seems like an extreme, but if we allow the government to take away guns we will be sitting ducks. Terrorists will have no fear, criminals will have no fear and we will not be able to protect ourselves in an attack. I am not saying that we should ignore the shootings and the increasing number deaths due to guns.

On December 15th 1791, The second amendment was made. The amendment reads “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” What this amendment says is that people have the CHOICE on whether or not they will be armed with guns. The second amendment should not be changed because it was one of the stepping stones that our country was founded on and the people want to have a choice to carry a weapon.

The second amendment should not be change because it was one of the stepping stones our country was founded on. If this amendment was supposed to protect our rights than does this mean altering or changing this amendment will deprive us of our rights. Our first ten amendments are the most important ones and I think that taking away or even making the slightest of alters is scary. I want people to have a choice on whether or not they want to carry a weapon.

The people want to have a choice to carry a gun. If it’s for hunting, rural practices or for security reasons most of us have a reason to carry a gun. The part that the government does not see is they think that all guns are an issue. Most of the people are just carrying a gun for the reasons above and not to kill.

Many people believe that if we take away all guns, there will be no more gun violence issues. This is very utopian thinking assuming everyone in the USA would turn in there guns. Yes this could be a very good idea but the people do not believe that criminals will turn in there guns using the goodness of their heart.

Over all, taking guns away will not solve our violence issues. Before we do that, we need to improve very much as a culture. I think that our government was based on stepping stones. These stepping stones are the amendments. Furthermore, taking guns out of the arms of citizens will not help anything. People inclined to murder will always find away. It will be guns bombs or n what ever else they can get there hands on. More importantly, I want people to have choice on whether or not they will choose to carry a gun.

Cook, Philip J., and Kristin A. Goss. The Gun Debate: What Everyone Needs to Know. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2014. Print.

Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 08 Nov. 2016.zJI ZXC