Emily S. Alabama

Illegal Immigration Detainment

Illegal Immigration causes many problems.

Too many illegal immigrants have been committing serious crimes that affect the citizens of the United States. There needs to be a stop to their actions. They do not belong here and are not welcome, especially if they choose to hurt our people and live off of the benefits that are given to immigrants already.

Fox News reported that an illegal immigrant from El Salvador, who has been deported twice in the past two years, “stabbed an innocent teen 40 times to impress his gang.” (Sept. 10, 2016. 2:32 pm) The teen was later pronounced dead. This event proves that after an immigrant has been detained and deported, we should go to further lengths to ensure that people who do not follow our laws will ever come back into the United States. A family is hurting because of a senseless murder. The young boy lost his life because of criminals like this. 

America is the promise land. Everyone wants to come here, but sadly not everyone can. It is heartbreaking to know that many of our citizens have lost jobs due to immigrants. “The last 13 years or even the last five years make clear that large-scale immigration can go hand in hand with weak job growth and persistently high rates of joblessness among the native-born.” (Center for Immigration Studies. Sept. 21, 2016) No one else should suffer the effects of these illegal men and women’s presence. This IS a problem! This MUST be fixed! Let’s make America a better and safer place to live!

Mr./Mrs. President, many Americans, including myself, ask that you help change the laws on illegal immigrants. They should not be here and should not be allowed to get the benefits they do. Hillary Some people believe that illegal immigrants should have access to government-subsidized healthcare (Sept. 8, 2016) and they should be offered in-state tuition. This is completely wrong. These government benefits should be strictly for the citizens of this country. Many American families cannot afford healthcare and college tuition for themselves. It is wrong for our government to give better chances of success to illegal immigrants than our own citizens.

Over 3.7% of the entire U.S. population is strictly illegal immigrants. That sums up to approximately 11.43 million people. (Sept. 12, 2016) Using our territory as a refugee camp and considering this country as a playground with no rules. The illegal immigrants who do not follow our laws should not be here. Help us.

Emily S. 

Oxford High School

2nd Period

11 grade Honors English